Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fractions, Decimals, and Percents

Before you do anything with fractions, decimals, and percents you should know what they mean....


Fraction- out of any whole number








Decimal- out of 1





Percent- out of 100





Loading Strips




Loading Strips- used to answer questions like
50% of 20




Here is an example how to use a loading strip.....






50% of 20

That is one way how to find and answer besides using the loading srtip......USING A RATIO TABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!



A ratio table is like a loading strip but sideways.

__%_____I_____#__
I
I
I
I
I
I

Here is a way how to find 15 of 64 using ratio table.......




Sorry I couldn't a video about both raito tables and loading strips

13 comments:

nikka814 said...

great job romiel !(: it really helped me. keep it up

liyanah817 said...

Good Job Romiel!
Take your time, it seemed like you rushed..
Make sure also that you check your spelling!

paige817 said...

Great Job Romiel!
You did a great job getting all the info that we got in class and making it look interesting. Next time you can even put a video or a link in too, so that it can help also.

Joy873 said...

Great Job Romiel!! it helped and keep it up!!

Jomel906 said...

good job and thanks for showing me what to do on the blog

gielhc905 said...

good job romiel for explaining every thing

Mikaela W said...

Good job romiel I really like your ratio tabel.

kim873 said...

great job romiel ! i liked how you included pictures . next time you should add a video (:

Hannah said...

good job romiel this will help me even though im not there :)

amanda718 said...

nice explaning and the pictures helped to

cyerra873 said...

I really like the pictures and stuff but try explaining what is in the pictures next time! Great job, though!

Jennifer Lopez said...

Good job Romiel, you got all the information that we wrote down in class.

kyanna 718 said...

Way to go Romiel you did great!!